Multiple an option questions.
You are watching: If the supply of a good is elastic, which statement is true?
1.The price elasticity of need is: a) the proportion of the percentage change in quantity demanded come the percentage change in price. b) the responsiveness the revenue come a readjust in quantity. C) the ratio of the readjust in quantity demanded separated by the change in price. D) the an answer of revenue come a change in price.
2.If demand is price elastic, then: a) a rise in price will certainly raise total revenue. B) a fall in price will raise full revenue. c) a loss in price will lower the amount demanded. D) a increase in price won"t have any kind of effect on full revenues.
3. Complementary products have: a) the same elasticities of demand. B) an extremely low price elasticities that demand. C) negative cross price elasticities of need with respect to every other. d) positive revenue elasticities that demand.
4. The price elasticity of demand generally tends to be: a) smaller in the lengthy run than in the brief run. B) smaller sized in the short run than in the long run. c) larger in the brief run than in the lengthy run. D) unrelated to the length of time.
5. If the price elasticity of it is provided of doodads is 0.60 and also the price boosts by 3 percent, climate the quantity offered of doodads will increase by a) 0.60 percent. B) 0.20 percent c) 1.8 percent d) 18 percent.
6. Expect we understand that the price elasticity of demand of good X is same to -1.2. Then, if the price will boost by 5%, we have the right to predict with certainty the a) amount demanded the that an excellent will increase. B) the revenue that the firm producing that an excellent will rise by 6%. C) the revenue of the firm creating that an excellent will diminish by 6%. D) the amount demanded that that great will decrease by 6%. e) none of the above.
7. A 10% rise in the price the movie ticket in Westridge 8 leads to a 15% decrease in the variety of tickets sold, denote the need for movie ticket in Westridge 8 is: a) elastic. b) inelastic. C) unit elastic. D) have the right to not tell from the information given.
8. If the cross-price elasticity between two commodities is 1.5, a) the two products are high-end goods. B) the two products are complements. C) the two items are substitutes. d) the two products are normal goods.
True/False/Uncertain. because that each that the adhering to statements, say even if it is it is true, false, or uncertain and explain her answer.
1. The is reasonable to intend the cross price elasticity of need for golf clubs and also golf balls to be positive.
Golf clubs and golf balls space complementary goods. This method that, together the price the golf clubs rises (a positive change), the consumption of golf balls to reduce (a an unfavorable change). Cross price elasticity of demand is same to the proportion of these changes and will it is in negative. The statement is false.
2. If the need is perfectly elastic, climate a transition in the it is provided curve walk not impact the equilibrium price.
|True, since a perfect elastic need curve is horizontal. Therefore, no issue what the change is the equilibrium price will constantly remain the same. (See graph.)|
3. The need curve for autos is much more elastic 보다 the need curve because that Fords.
False. A Ford have the right to be substituted through a different model. The is not as straightforward to uncover a substitute for a vehicle in general. The much more substitutes a good has, the an ext elastic is the demand for that good. Therefore, demand for Fords is an ext elastic. 4. Suppose you own a "Here come the Sun" tan salon and also the need curve for your solutions is bottom sloping. Further, expect that a brand-new tanning salon dubbed "Sunny Delight" opens up two blocks far from her salon. Tell whether the adhering to three statements space true, false or uncertain and also explain her answer.
a. The demand curve because that your solutions shifts come the right. This new salon is a substitute for your services. After it has actually appeared, your consumer have much more choice, and some of lock will begin using the new salon. For this reason the demand for your solutions will decrease, or shift to the left. The statement is false.
b. The need for your services becomes much more elastic. Among the determinants determining the price elasticity of demand for the an excellent is the variety of substitutes. An ext substitutes - more elastic demand. The declare is true.
c. The cross-price elasticity the the need for your solutions with respect come the price charged by "Sunny Delight" is negative. This two products (services) are substitutes. The cross-price elasticity that substitutes is positive, because as the price of one of them increases, the need for (and thus the usage of) the other one increases, too. The declare is false.
Short price Question. 5. At first Hans Johnson was the only consumer in the market for "Casa de Econ" beer, created by a tiny local brewery. When the price of "Casa de Econ" six-pack varies between $10 and $20, the price elasticity that his individual need is same to an unfavorable 1. Currently imagine the Hans has been copy 4 times, and now we have actually 5 the same consumers in the sector for "Casa de Econ". What will occur to the price elasticity that market demand in the price range given above? will certainly the demand become more price elastic, much less price elastic, or will certainly elasticity stay the same? explain your answer.
See more: Looking For That Girl - Lookin' For That Girl
Since elasticity faces relative changes, that doesn"t matter how countless consumers we have in the industry as long as all of them room same. (If the quantity demanded for each of them alters by 50%, that would average the quantity demanded in the entire market will adjust by 50%, too.) so the price elasticity of demand will remain the same.