MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
You are watching: Ipat stands for ________.
12) ________ is the world's most populous nation, home to ________ of the people living on Earth.
A) India; one-third
B) China; half
C) The United States; half
D) The United States; one-fifth
E) China; one-fifth
13) Which of the following is not one of the world's top five most populous nations?
D) United States
14) Replacement fertility ________.
A) restores population size after a catastrophic event
B) is equal to 2.1 in stable populations
C) is below 2 in Africa
D) is a contraceptive technique
E) is below 2 in Latin America and the Caribbean
15) The 1994 Cairo, Egypt, conference was organized ________.
A) by President Clinton to seek world funding for family?planning initiatives
B) to urge governments to better address social issues such as poverty, disease, and lack of education as potential sources of population problems
C) to lower the world's population to preset targets by advocating the use of contraceptives
D) to reevaluate the effectiveness of China's one-child policy
E) to address the growing AIDS epidemic in Africa
16) Life expectancy in parts of southern Africa ________.
A) has stabilized due to population control
B) is starting to fall
C) cannot be determined due to lack of adequate methods for data collection
D) has fallen dramatically since 1990
E) is on the rise
17) A high birth rate coupled with a declining death rate resulting from increased food production and improved medical care is characteristic of the ________ stage of the demographic transition model.
18) IPAT stands for ________.
A) Impact, People, Affluence, and Technology
B) Impact, Population, Affluence, and Technology
C) Industry, Population, Attitude, and Teaching
D) Industry, People, Attitude, and Teaching
E) Impact, Population, Attitude, and Technology
19) The term demographic transition refers to ________.
See more: Death Stranding Length Explained: How Many Episodes Are In Death Stranding ?
A) the slowing down in the growth of a population as it approaches it biocapacity
B) the slowing down in the growth of a population as it approaches the carrying capacity
C) the decline in death rates followed by decline in birth rates, occurring as a country economically develops
D) the decline in death rates followed by a decline in birth rates that occurred because sanitation levels in areas improved
E) a requirement for a population to reach a specific size before it becomes stable
20) Which of the following factors drives TFR down?
B) social and economic security
C) high infant mortality
D) rural lifestyle
E) history and tradition
21) The transitional stage in Frank Notestein's demographic model is initiated by ________.