You are watching: One way automation can lead to the creation of new jobs is by
176. One way automation deserve to lead come the creation of brand-new jobs is bya) producing assets quicker, for this reason shortening the work week.b) to reduce the price of a product, therefore increasing people"s real income.c) consuming fewer resources, thus improving the environment.d) all of the abovee) none of the over is true. Automation always causes a net loss that jobs
177. Productivity in the United claims doubled in between 1945 and 1990. However, the work-related week didn"t get much shorter becausea) earnings taxes to be raised.b) the standard of living increased.c) that company downsizing lessened the variety of people in the workforce.d) the salary of CEOs skyrocketed.e) counting doubled in between 1945 and also 1990.
178. In medieval England, once wages walk up,a) more children joined the job force.b) an ext women joined the job force.c) student dropped out of college to take it up jobs.d) workers placed in fewer hours.e) A, B, and C.
179. According to Max Weber, the expansion of capitalism was engendered by a new attitude toward work brought around bya) the commercial Revolution.b) the good news Reformation.c) the English civil War.d) the Lisbon earthquake of 1755.e) the American Revolution.
180. Fabricated intelligence is the field of computer system science and engineering that focuses on methods to getmachines come exhibita) consciousness.b) honest behavior.c) intelligent behavior.d) thoughtful insights.e) clinical breakthroughs
181. According to the Encyclopedia of computer Science, a "programmable machine that one of two people inperformance or illustration imitates person activities" is called aa) computer.b) deltoid.c) mechano.d) robot.e) transformer.
182. In 1997 IBM supercomputer Deep Bluea) defeated civilization chess champion Gary Kasparov in a six-game match.b) proved the visibility of God.c) journey a minivan throughout the united States.d) design the Pentium chip.e) changed John O"Leary together Chief jae won Officer that IBM
183. In 2011 a program named Watson running on an IBM supercomputera) decoded the human genome because that the first time.b) became the an initial computer routine to take the project of a software program engineer.c) won the human being Crossword Puzzle Championship funded by The brand-new York Times.d) beat the two most successful human being Jeopardy! champions in a three-game match.e) happen the Turing test in a competition funded by the Association because that ComputingMachinery
184. A an individual AI isa) an intelligent an equipment inexpensive enough for an individual to purchase it.b) an clever machine dedicated to offer an individual human being being.c) a computer qualified of beating humans at gamings such as chess.d) a software program, not an actual physical object.e) a device conscious of its own existence.
185. Supply-chain automationa) streamlines institutions by eliminating transactional middlemen.b) is one means Dell computer keeps its costs low.c) links computers at different companies.d) every one of the abovee) nobody of the above
186. Globalization isa) the production of international computer networks.b) the process of creating a worldwide network of businesses and also markets.c) the fostering of global Internet standards.d) the fostering of English as the language of business.e) the means that share exchanges stay open 24 hours a day
187. The phrase "digital divide" describes the situation wherea) some people have access to information modern technology and others do not.b) customers of Macintosh computers are in ~ a disadvantage contrasted to customers of windows computers.c) just stockholders in high-tech companies can get rich in the brand-new economy.d) the U.S. Government stays clear of information modern technology from gift exported come "unfriendly" countries.e) the price of computer systems are retained artificially high in bespeak to store them the end of the hands of world in 3rd World countries.
188. The procedure by i m sorry a new technology is assimilated into a society is calleda) social relativism.b) globalization.c) it leverage.d) society receptivity index.e) technological diffusion
189. In some industries a couple of top performers obtain a disproportionate re-superstructure of the rewards. Candid andCook contact this phenomenona) capitalism.b) inevitable.c) liberalism.d) socialism.e) the winner-take-all effect.
190. When one keep stays open late to get an advantage, the competitors begin to stay open late, too.At this allude the first store is no better off than it was before, however now every keep has additional expenses. This illustration is an instance of what Frank and also Cook contact aa) capitalistic marathon.b) sector economy.c) positional eight race.d) battle for parity.e) online conflict.
141. The percentage of American workers associated in the _____________ industry has droppedfrom 35 percent in 1947 to 10 percent in 2009.
142. Efficiency in the United says doubled in between 1948 and 1990. This efficiency increasetranslated right into a greater ______________ because that the mean American.
See more: How To Combine Two Computers Processing Power ? : Sysadmin : Sysadmin
143. In 1997 IBM supercomputer Deep Blue defeated world champion Gary Kasparov play thegame of ____________.