You are watching: What two items make up a bridge id?
NOTE: If you have the new question ~ above this test, you re welcome comment Question and Multiple-Choice perform in kind below this article. Us will update answers because that you in the shortest time. Say thanks to you! us truly worth your donation to the website.
1. Which spanning tree traditional supports just one root leg so that web traffic from all VLANs flows end the very same path?802.1DPVST+RapidPVSTMST
MST is the Cisco implementation that MSTP, one IEEE traditional protocol that provides up to 16 instances of RSTP. PVST+ provides a different 802.1D spanning-tree instance for each VLAN that is configured in the network. 802.1D is the original STP standard identified by the IEEE and enables for just one root bridge for all VLANs. 802.1w, or RSTP, provides faster convergence but still uses only one STP circumstances for all VLANs.
2. I beg your pardon two types of extending tree protocols can cause suboptimal traffic flows due to the fact that they assume just one spanning-tree circumstances for the entire bridged network? (Choose two.)STPMSTPRSTPPVST+Rapid PVST+
STP and RSTP assume just one IEEE 802.1D spanning-tree instance for the entire bridged network irrespective of the variety of VLANs, This can result in suboptimal traffic flow issues. PVST+ provides a different spanning-tree instance for every VLAN configured. Fast PVST+ gives a separate circumstances of 802.1w every VLAN, and also MSTP maps multiple VLANs that have actually the very same traffic flow requirements into the same spanning-tree instance but allows for an ext than one circumstances for dissimilar web traffic flows.
3. In which 2 PVST+ port says are MAC addresses learned? (Choose two.)listeningblockingforwardinglearningdisabled
The two PVST+ port states throughout which MAC addresses are learned and populate the MAC resolve table space the learning and the forwarding states.
4. Which two network style features need Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) to ensure exactly network operation? (Choose two.)redundant links between Layer 2 switcheslink-state dynamic routing that provides redundant routesimplementing VLANs come contain broadcastsstatic default routesremoving single points of failure with multiple layer 2 switches
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) is compelled to ensure correct network operation when making a network through multiple interconnected layer 2 switches or making use of redundant web links to eliminate single points of failure in between Layer 2 switches. Routing is a great 3 function and does not relate come STP. VLANs do reduce the variety of broadcast domains but relate come Layer 3 subnets, not STP.
5. I beg your pardon STP priority configuration would ensure the a move would always be the root switch?spanning-tree vlan 10 root primaryspanning-tree vlan 10 priority 0spanning-tree vlan 10 priority 4096spanning-tree vlan 10 priority 61440
Although the spanning-tree vlan 10 root main command will ensure a switch will have a bridge priority value reduced than various other bridges presented to the network, the spanning-tree vlan 10 priority 0 command guarantee the bridge priority takes precedence over all other priorities.
6. To fill in the blank. Perform not use abbreviations.The spanning-tree _______ worldwide configuration command is offered to permit Rapid PVST+.Correct Answer: mode rapid-pvst
7. What port form is used to interconnect switches in a switch stack?designatedStackWiserootedge
8. What is the function of the covering Tree Protocol (STP)?prevents layer 2 loopsprevents routing loops on a routercreates smaller sized broadcast domainsallows Cisco tools to exchange routing table updatescreates smaller collision domains
The Spanning-Tree Protocol (STP) creates one path through a switch network in bespeak to stop Layer 2 loops.
9. What added information is had in the 12-bit extended system identifier of a BPDU?MAC addressport IDVLAN IDIP address
The BPDU has three fields; the leg priority, the expanded system ID, and also the MAC address. The prolonged system ID consists of 12 bits that recognize the VLAN ID.
10. Describe the exhibit. I beg your pardon trunk attach will no forward any traffic after ~ the root bridge election procedure is complete?Trunk1Trunk2Trunk3Trunk4
S4 has actually the lowest bridge ID, therefore S4 is the root bridge. Because the path expense S1-S2-S4 is lower than the path cost S1-S3-S4, course S1-S2-S4 is the preferred path because that S1 to with S4. Thus, STP will collection the S1 port Fa0/1 to a prevent state, and the trunk link Trunk2 will certainly not forward any kind of traffic.
11. Which protocol gives up to 16 instances the RSTP, combines many VLANs with the exact same physical and also logical topology right into a typical RSTP instance, and provides assistance for PortFast, BPDU guard, BPDU filter, source guard, and also loop guard?STPPVST+MSTRapid PVST+
MST is the Cisco implementation the MSTP, an IEEE traditional protocol that offers up to 16 instances that RSTP and also combines countless VLANs v the very same physical and logical topology right into a common RSTP instance. Each circumstances supports PortFast, BPDU guard, BPDU filter, source guard, and loop guard. STP and RSTP assume only one spanning-tree instance for the entire linked network, nevertheless of the number of VLANs. PVST+ offers a different 802.1D spanning-tree circumstances for each VLAN that is configured in the network.
12. Which harbor state will switch ports immediately transition to when configured because that PortFast?learningforwardingblockinglistening
PortFast permits a switch harbor to bypass the listening and also learning claims and change immediately to the forwarding state.
13. Describe the exhibit. I beg your pardon switch will be chosen the source bridge and which move will location a harbor in blocking mode? (Choose two.)
The spanning-tree root bridge election procedure determines which move becomes root bridge based an initial on the lowest priority number and then by lowest MAC address. Because every one of the switches have actually the very same priority value, SW3 becomes the source bridge based on lowest MAC address. To identify which ports space blocking or forwarding, very first determine i beg your pardon ports end up being the root harbor on each switch. Then identify which harbor becomes the designated port for every link.
14. What is an benefit of PVST+?PVST+ optimizes performance on the network with autoselection the the root bridge.PVST+ reduces bandwidth consumption contrasted to traditional implementations the STP that usage CST.PVST+ calls for fewer CPU cycles for every the switches in the network.PVST+ optimizes power on the network through pack sharing.
PVST+ results in optimum pack balancing. However, this is achieved by manually configuring switches to be elected as source bridges for different VLANs on the network. The root bridges are not instantly selected. Furthermore, having actually spanning-tree instances because that each VLAN actually consumes much more bandwidth and it rises the CPU cycles for all the switches in the network.
15. To obtain summary of the spanning tree condition of a switched network, a network engineer worries the show spanning-tree command top top a switch. Which 2 items of info will this command display? (Choose two.)The function of the port in all VLANs.The root bridge BID.The variety of broadcasts received on every root port.The IP deal with of the management VLAN interface.The status of aboriginal VLAN ports.
The show spanning-tree command will display the status of STP for all VLANs the are characterized on a switch and also other information consisting of the root leg BID. The does not present the number of broadcast packets received on the ports. The IP address of the administration VLAN user interface is not regarded STP and is presented by the present running-configuration command.
16. A network administrator is prepare the implementation of rapid PVST+ top top a manufacturing network. Exactly how are the quick PVST+ link species determined on the move interfaces?Link species can only be determined if PortFast has been configured.Link species are figured out automatically.Link types must it is in configured with details port configuration commands.Link types can just be configured on access ports configured with a single VLAN.
When fast PVST+ is gift implemented, link varieties are instantly determined but can be specified manually. Link types can be either point-to-point, shared, or edge.
17. If no bridge priority is configured in PVST, which criteria is considered when electing the root bridge?highest MAC addresslowest MAC addresslowest IP addresshighest IP address
Only one switch have the right to be the root leg for a VLAN. The root leg is the switch with the lowest BID. The BID is figured out by priority and the MAC address. If no priority is configured then every switches usage the default priority and the election of the source bridge will be based on the shortest MAC address.
18. What is the result of a great 2 broadcast storm?ARP transfer requests are went back to the transmitting host.CSMA/CD will cause each hold to continue transmitting frames.New traffic is discarded by the switch due to the fact that it is unable to it is in processed.Routers will certainly take end the forwarding that frames as switches end up being congested.
When the network is saturated through broadcast traffic that is looping between switches, new traffic is discarded by each switch because it is can not to be processed.
19. Open up the PT Activity. Execute the tasks in the task instructions and then prize the question. Which switch is the root bridge?Switch_4Switch_1Switch_3Switch_2
Click on every PC.Use the Terminal application.Issue the command present spanning-tree.The switch that is the source bridge will certainly be stated in the root leg MAC deal with field.
20. In which 2 port says does a switch find out MAC addresses and process BPDUs in a PVST network? (Choose two.)disabledblockinglisteningforwardinglearning
Switches learn MAC addresses in ~ the learning and forwarding harbor states. They get and procedure BPDUs in ~ the blocking, listening, learning, and forwarding harbor states.
21. Which Cisco switch feature ensures that configured move edge ports execute not reason Layer 2 loops if a harbor is mistakenly associated to an additional switch?PortFastextended system IDBPDU guardPVST+
If switch accessibility ports are configured together edge ports utilizing PortFast, BPDUs should never be received on those ports. Cisco switches assistance a feature called BPDU guard. As soon as it is enabled, BPDU security will placed an edge port in one error-disabled state if a BPDU is got by the port. This will avoid a layer 2 loop occurring. PVST+ is an implementation the the extending Tree Protocol. The prolonged system i would is a device of including VLAN ID details in the leg ID (BID) because that each VLAN.
22. What is a characteristics of a class 2 loop?Broadcast frames space forwarded ago to the sending out switch.The Time-to-Live attribute that a framework is set to infinity.Routers continually front packets to other routers.A move is continually forwarding the exact same unicast frame.
A great 2 loop occurs once broadcast frames are forwarded back to the sending out switch via a backup link. Great 2 frames execute not have actually a Time-to-Live (TTL) attribute. Routers forward packets in ~ Layer 3 (the network layer) no Layer 2.
23. Refer to the exhibit. What is the duty of the SW3 switch?
Switch SW3 is the STP source as can be watched in the show spanning-tree command output.
24. I m sorry three components are an unified to type a bridge ID?MAC addressextended device IDIP addresscostbridge priorityport ID
The three materials that are merged to kind a leg ID are bridge priority, prolonged system ID, and MAC address.
25. I m sorry RSTP ports are linked to finish devices?edge portsdesignated portstrunk portsroot ports
26. Match the spanning-tree function with the protocol type. (Not all alternatives are used.)
MST is the Cisco implementation that MSTP (IEEE 802.1s).
27. Refer to the exhibit. Which switching technology would permit each accessibility layer switch connect to be aggregated to provide more bandwidth in between each great 2 switch and the great 3 switch?
28. What is the many cost-effective method of solving user interface congestion the is led to by a high level of traffic in between two switches?increase uplink speedadd more VLANs to reduce broadcast domainsaggregate harbor by making use of EtherChannelinsert a router in between the switches
29. I beg your pardon two pack balancing methods have the right to be imposed with EtherChannel technology? (Choose two.)destination MAC to location IPdestination IP to location MACsource MAC to destination MAC source IP to location IPdestination MAC to resource MACdestination IP to resource IP
30. I beg your pardon statement explains an EtherChannel implementation?EtherChannel operates just at layer 2.PAgP cannot be provided in conjunction through EtherChannel.A trunked port have the right to be component of an EtherChannel bundle. EtherChannel deserve to support approximately a maximum of ten separate links.
31. What is an advantage of utilizing LACP?increases redundancy come Layer 3 devicesdecreases the possibility of a spanning-tree loopallows automatic development of EtherChannel linksprovides a simulated setting for testing attach aggregationdecreases the quantity of configuration the is required on a switch for EtherChannel
32. I beg your pardon statement is true regarding the use of PAgP to produce EtherChannels?It requires full duplex.It is Cisco proprietary.It requires much more physical web links than LACP does.It boosts the number of ports that space participating in covering tree.It mandates the an even variety of ports (2, 4, 6, etc.) be supplied for aggregation.
33. Which 2 protocols are connect aggregation protocols? (Choose two.)802.3adPAgPSTPEtherChannelRSTP
34. Which PAgP mode mix will develop an EtherChannel?switch 1 collection to on; switch 2 set to desirable.switch 1 set to desirable; switch 2 set to desirable.switch 1 collection to auto; switch 2 set to auto.switch 1 set to auto; move 2 set to on.
35. Describe the exhibit. The administrator make the efforts to create an EtherChannel between S1 and also the other two switches via the regulates that are shown, but was unsuccessful. What is the problem?
36. As soon as a range of harbor is being configured because that EtherChannel, which mode will configure LACP so the it initiates the EtherChannel negotiation?activeautodesirablepassive
37. When a variety of ports is being configured because that EtherChannel by the usage of PAgP, which mode will type the bundled channel just if the harbor receives PAgP packets from an additional device?activeautodesirablepassive
38. As the network administrator you have actually been asked to implement EtherChannel top top the this firm network. What walk this configuration consist of?providing redundant links that dynamically block or forward trafficgrouping multiple physical ports to increase bandwidth in between two switchesgrouping two devices to share a digital IP addressproviding redundant devices to enable traffic to circulation in the event of an equipment failure
39. Refer to the exhibit. An EtherChannel was configured between switches S1 and S2, however the interfaces perform not kind an EtherChannel. What is the problem?
40. I beg your pardon command will initiate EtherChannel user interface configuration mode?channel-group group-identifierinterface port-channel interface-identifierinterface interface-identifierinterface range interface-identifier
41. What is a finest practice to use prior to beginning one EtherChannel implementation?Assign affected interfaces to VLAN 1.Assign impacted interfaces to the monitoring VLAN.Shut under each of the impacted interfaces.Enable every of the impacted interfaces.Assign affected interfaces to an unused VLAN.
42. I m sorry three options must match in stimulate to develop an EtherChannel between two directly connected switches? (Choose three.)port numbers that are offered for the EtherChannelVLAN memberships of the interfaces the are supplied for EtherChanneldomain names on the switchesspeed of the interfaces that are used for EtherChannel duplex setups of the interfaces that are supplied for EtherChannel port security settings ~ above the interfaces that offered for EtherChannel
43. An EtherChannel link using LACP to be formed in between two switches, S1 and S2. When verifying the configuration, which mode combination could be made use of on both switches?S1-on and S2-passiveS1-passive and S2-passiveS1-on and also S2-activeS1-passive and S2-active
44. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has determined that one EtherChannel between ports 0/1 and 0/2 on switches S1 and S2 would help performance. ~ making the configuration, the administrator notices no performance gain. Based upon the calculation that is shown, what two feasible assumptions might a network administrator make? (Choose two.)
45. The trunk link between two 2960 switches has reached the capacity. How deserve to this be addressed in the many economical way?Increase the speed of the ports.Decrease the dimension of the inter-switch collision domain through configuring extr VLANs.Combine physical ports into a high-speed logical link by configuring EtherChannel.Create extr broadcast domains by inserting a router in between the switches.
46. Which statement defines a characteristics of EtherChannel?It can integrate up to a maximum of 4 physical links.It have the right to bundle mixed species of 100 Mb/s and 1Gb/s Ethernet links.It is composed of multiple parallel links between a switch and also a router.It is make by combine multiple physical web links that are viewed as one link between two switches.
47. What room two benefits of making use of LACP? (Choose two.)increases redundancy come Layer 3 deviceseliminates the require for the spanning-tree protocolallows automatic development of EtherChannel linksprovides a simulated atmosphere for testing attach aggregationdecreases the amount of configuration the is required on a switch because that EtherChannelallows usage of multivendor devices
48. Which three settings must enhance in order for switch harbor to type an EtherChannel? (Choose three.)The switch port numbers that will certainly be an unified to kind the EtherChannel need to match.Non-trunk ports have to belong to the same VLAN.The SNMP neighborhood strings need to be configured the same.The interfaces have to be configured come the same speed. The duplex setups of the switch ports on both political parties of the physical connect must match.
See more: Happy 1 2 Birthday Party - Happy 1/2 Birthday Banner Gold Glitter Pre
Port protection settings top top the associated physical interfaces have to be configured come the exact same violation mode.
49. A network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link in between switches SW1 and also SW2 by making use of the command SW1(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode passive. I beg your pardon command must be used on SW2 to permit this EtherChannel?SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode autoSW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 setting activeSW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode passiveSW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode desirable
50. Describe the exhibit. A network administrator has determined that an EtherChannel in between ports 0/1 and 0/2 ~ above switches S1 and also S2 would help performance. After ~ making the configuration, the administrator notices no power gain. Based upon the calculation that is shown, what two presumptions can the network administrator make? (Choose two.)