You are watching: Which of the following is true with regard to deviant workplace behavior?
2) once the group energy is focused on the task at hand and the group is totally functional, it is claimed to be in the phase of ________. A) storming b) norming c) inertiad) forminge) performing
3) Michael is devout and very active in his church. That is likewise a very dedicated employee. His manager provides him a promotion yet the new role will require him to work-related Sundays. Michael would favor the promotion, but realizes the it would pressure him to miss some church activities. In this situation, Michael is most most likely to suffer ________.a) function conflict b) social loafingc) groupthinkd) role fuzzinesse) groupshift
4) i beg your pardon of the following is true with regard to deviant workplace behavior?a) the is involuntary in nature.b) widespread deviant workplace habits depends ~ above the welcomed norms the the group. C) It has actually a negligible adverse impact on organization as that is embraced by some employees.d) study on deviance in ~ the rectal has presented that employees operating individually engage in more deviant behaviors than those who duty as a part of groups.e) leaving work early on is an instance of a property-related deviant rectal behavior.
b) prevalent deviant workplace actions depends top top the accepted norms of the group. An company sets what the "norms" are, and also anything the deviates from that is thought about deviant behavior. Friend don"t recognize what"s wrong, till you know what"s right.
5) i m sorry of the following statements is true concerning the result of dimension of the team has top top the performance of the group? a) The dimension of the group does not influence the group"s overall behavior.b) proof indicates that larger teams are faster at completing work than smaller ones. - Smaller groups are fasterc) As compared to smaller sized groups, larger teams are far better in difficulty solving.d) If the score of the group is fact-finding climate smaller groups are much more effective than bigger groups. Larger teams are more effectivee) evidence indicates that people perform much better in larger groups than in smaller ones. - individuals perform far better in smaller groups
6) i beg your pardon of the complying with is one effective way of countering society loafing? social loafing - propensity of individuals to expend much less effort.a) enhancing the rewards the team is given if that succeeds b) raising the amount by which the group"s progression is monitored c) ensuring that individual contributions to the group"s outcome are figured out d) enhancing the size of the group e) boosting the group"s workload
7) once ________ is of prominence in decision making, group decisions are wanted to individual decisions. A) accept of solutionb) rate c) effectiveness d) clear obligation e) legitimacy
a) accept of systems - numerous decisions fail because people don"t accept them. Much better for a cohesive decision among a team that a decision solely based on an individual.
See more: Where Did The Towers Go ? : Evidence Of Directed Free
8) which of the adhering to steps have the right to be take away by a manager so as to minimize groupthink? Groupthink means there"s a concensus norm that overrides top top appraisal of alternative courses that action; getting to a pre-mature concensus.a) boosting the group sizeb) encouraging team leaders to construct a stronger sense of group identityc) avoiding all team members from engaging in a an essential evaluation of concepts at the beginningd) questioning the group members to very first focus on the positives of an different rather 보다 the negativese) seeking input from employees before the group leader presents his opinions
9) The HR department at Bailey solutions is considering providing telecommuting together an choice to some knowledgeable employees. At a conference to formalize the move, the heads of the different departments met with Laura Watson, the HR manager. Laura, who thought this meeting would be a short one, to be proven wrong as soon as all the members, who had previously agreed that telecommuting would work in their company, started coming up with divergent views. By the end, two divisions declared having major concerns around allowing employees to telecommute, and those in donate of it to be equally vocal. This scenario depicts the operation of ________. A) conformityb) groupshiftc) role conflictd) groupthink e) social loafing
b) groupshift - A group setting where over there is a more extreme variation of an original position; divergent views that become an ext polarized.
10) i beg your pardon of these teams is the greater performing a) Brainstorming - Idea generating, urges any alternatives - complimentary willing/no rulesb) Nominal group - Restricting of discussion during the decision make process